I had to scurry to put together holiday gift boxes for some of my favorite people, and of course foods and food-related objects are my go-to. Here are 5 items I picked up shopping today. How are socks related to food? Read on to find out (I’m stalling, clearly).
- 1. Chocolate - Number 1. Always. Between Gail Ambrosius’ truffles, Chocolaterian Cafe’s confections, Madison Chocolate Co.’s holiday boxes and Wm. Chocolate bars, local producers have you covered.
- 2. Kilwin’s fudge/peppermint bark – Oh, yum. And apparently fudge doesn’t melt. Perfect for my sister in Brazil.
- 3. Socks – Whatever, everyone needs socks, right (except perhaps said sister in Brazil)? When you cook, when you eat. And these are cute. And they don’t melt. I got these at Vault and Driftless Studio on State St.
- 4. Honey – Local honey from Mad Urban Bees in the cutest gift boxes ever. Because tiny jars of honey are the bees knees.
- 5. Stuff to Use in the Kitchen – like spoon rests, potholders and soap. I love Serrv’s selection because it’s beautiful and supports fair trade.